A Person Detection dataset
These pages describe a Person Detection dataset (PDds), a dataset composed of several annotated surveillance sequences of different levels of complexity.
Sequences have been extracted from public datasets related with the people detection/object classification task. They are:
1) PETS2006: Ninth IEEE International Workshop on Performance Evaluations of Tracking and Surveillance, June 2006.
2) WCAM: Video Surveillance video sequences (The test visual material used in this work has been provided with courtesy of Thales Security Systems within the scope of the IST FP6 WCAM project).
3) VISOR: Video Surveillance Online Repository.
4) CVSG: A Chroma-based Video Segmentation Ground-truth.
6) AVSS2007:7th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance,September 2007.
7) TRECVID2008: Trecvid 2008 evaluation for surveillance event detection. (New content, March 2011)
For more details please refer to the "Dataset Downloading" section.
Recall that this ground-truth is available just for research purposes. Research groups or institutions that have downloaded this database include:
 A. García-Martín, J.M. Martínez, J. Bescós, "A corpus for benchmarking of people detection algorithms", Pattern Recognition Letters, Volume 33, Issue 2, 15 January 2012, Pages 152-156, ISSN 0167-8655, 10.1016/j.patrec.2011.09.038.
 A. García-Martín, J.M. Martínez, "Post-processing approaches for improving people detection performance", Computer Vision and Image Understanding (Accepted, September 2014).
 A. García-Martín, J.M. Martínez, "Enhanced people detection combining appearance and motion information", Electronic Letters, Volume 49, Issues 4, January 2013, Pages 256-258, ISSN 0013-5194, 10.1049/el.2012.3817.
 A. García-Martín, J.M. Martínez, "On collaborative people detection and tracking in complex scenarios", Image and Vision Computing, Accepted in March 2012.
 A. García-Martín, A. Hauptmann, J.M. Martínez, "People Detection Based on Appearance and Motion Models", 8th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance, Klagenfurt (Austria), 2011, pp. 256-260.
 A. García-Martín, J.M. Martínez, “Robust Real Time Moving People Detection in Surveillance Scenarios”, 7th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance 2010, AVSS'2010, Boston (USA), Aug. 2010, pp. 241-247.
Work partially supported by project TEC2011-25995 EventVideo.